Help in case of emergency or doctor's visit. You are in the right place.
Something happened and you needed help fast. First secure the accident site (form an X with your skis and poles), check for vital signs and then call the piste rescue immediately. It is on duty during the operating hours of the cable cars in the ski area.
Piste Rescue Hochfügen +43 664 811 82 40.
THE 4 W'S
In case of an emergency call, please answer the following questions to the piste rescue service:
- Where - Which slope? Is there a prominent point (hut, lift support with number, snow cannons nearby)? At what altitude?
- What - What has happened - brief description of the course of the accident
- Who - Who and how many are involved?
- How - condition of the person(s) involved in the accident
Finally, give your own name and a way to contact you for further inquiries.
Never hang up, the control center will terminate the call.
In a night situation, the flashlight can be used as a locating option (possibly SOS signal: short-short-short-long-long-short-short-short).
THE SEVEN STEPS
THE FIRST AID
- Secure accident site
- Check vital signs
- Get help
- Initiate resuscitation measures
- Apply the recovery position
- Treat injuries
- Prepare for arrival of rescue services
|Piste rescue Hochfügen
|+43 664 811 82 40
|Euronotruf from EVERY phone
FLU AND OTHER ILLNESSES
In case of a cold, flu or overstrained muscles, it is not necessary to call 911. Instead, the landlord or lift staff can provide information about nearby doctors and medical care in these cases.
Even simpler broken bones can usually be taken care of by local doctors - a hospital visit is not necessarily required. There is also the possibility of a house call at the hotel, of course this is associated with additional costs. Here it makes sense to check beforehand which services are covered by insurance. The nearest pharmacy is in Fügen.